Exceptionally high yielding, broadly adapted, mid maturing feed barley.
Rosalind provides growers with an exceptionally high yielding, mid-season feed barley. An ideal variety for growers looking for sowing date flexibility and a solid disease resistance package, including good Leaf Rust, Powdery Mildew and Net Form of Net Blotch resistance.
- Highest yielding barley variety in 2014 National Variety Trials
- Broadly adapted, mid-maturing feed barley
- Ideally suited to environments where yield and yield stability is the top priority
- Best performance observed with a May sowing
- Good net form of Net Blotch and Leaf Rust resistance
- Good straw strength and head retention
- Available for planting in 2016
Rosalind has a short coleoptile and moderate plant height with an erect growth habit. Good straw strength and head retention with a parallel head shape and good early vigour providing strong competitiveness against weeds. Rosalind shows a high level of pre-harvest sprouting tolerance.