Looking for a high yielding, broadly adapted, mid maturing feed barley?
In collaboration with InterGrain, one of Australia’s leading cereal breeding companies, Syngenta brings elite barley varieties, like Rosalind, to the Australian grains industry, enabling growers to compete effectively in both domestic and international markets.
David Moody, a highly respected barley breeder with InterGrain, gives us a season update from the field on Rosalind in his latest video.
Rosalind provides growers with an exceptionally high yielding, mid-season feed barley. An ideal variety for growers looking for sowing date flexibility and a solid disease resistance package, including good Leaf Rust, Powdery Mildew and Net Form of Net Blotch resistance.
- Highest yielding barley variety in 2014 National Variety Trials
- Broadly adapted, mid-maturing feed barley
- Ideally suited to environments where yield and yield stability is the top priority
- Best performance observed with a May sowing
- Good net form of Net Blotch and Leaf Rust resistance
- Good straw strength and head retention
- Available for planting in 2016
For growers looking to introduce Rosalind into their cereal program in 2018, please contact your local Seedgro Partner or speak to your local Syngenta representative.
For more information on Rosalind visit the campaign page here.