Throughout Australia root-knot nematodes are considered major pests of fruiting vegetables and cucurbits, with annual losses in horticulture estimated to be worth $100-200 million (Stirling et al., 1992). Direct feeding damage and use of carbohydrates, disruption of the root systems architecture, transmission of viruses and root-rot complexes with fungi are the main reasons for crop losses.
Syngenta’s TERVIGO is registered for the safe and effective control of root-knot nematodes in a range of fruiting vegetable crops including tomatoes, capsicums, chillies, eggplant, and cucurbit crops (refer to the product label for the full list of crops).
TERVIGO FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Effective nematode control
- Formulated specifically for soil application
- Applied through the trickle it protects the roots as they develop
- Flexible application method makes it easy to manage rates and timing
- Nil withholding period when used according to the label
- No plant back restrictions provides rotational flexibility
- Assists in the delivery of more consistent marketable yields
- Backed by an extensive supporting stewardship program
For more Best Practice information on Nematode control download TERVIGO® – ‘Best Practice: Product Placement’.