Proven aphid control in broadacre crops.
PIRIMOR® is registered for the control of aphids in canola and winter cereals as well as cotton, lupins, lucerne and medic pastures.
PIRIMOR controls aphids in three ways:
- Direct contact PIRIMOR provides rapid knockdown
- Fumigant action PIRIMOR’s vapour action helps control aphids missed by direct contact and improves control of aphids in crops with dense canopies
- Translaminar activity PIRIMOR penetrates leaves to kill aphids sheltering on the underside of the leaf
Applied as a foliar application, PIRIMOR provides residual control with the length of this depending on the rate used, air temperature, light intensity, plant growth rates and rainfall. PIRIMOR is ideal for use in an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program. It is not toxic to beneficial predators, including predatory wasps, ladybirds and lacewings and has low toxicity to bees. Application while bees are foraging is not recommended.
- Direct contact to provide rapid knockdown
- Fumigant action - vapour action helps control aphids missed by direct contact and improves control of aphids in crops with dense canopies
- Translaminar activity - PIRIMOR penetrates leaves to kill aphids sheltering on the leaf under side
If PIRIMOR is applied when the temperature is less than 15°C, it is essential to have thorough spray coverage for fast and effective aphid control. Use the higher label rates when:
- Weather is cool, equal to or less than 20°C, or when light intensity is low
- Aphid populations are high and/or crop growth is dense
Russian Wheat Aphid Control
Pirimor has a unique 3-way action that provides fast action and rapid knockdown against aphids. See our tech note below on our recommendations for controlling Russian Wheat Aphid with Pirimor.