Emulsifiable Concentrate (EC)
B-POWER: BOOST YOUR CONTROL OF HARD-TO-KILL BROADLEAF WEEDS
One of the most active Group G’s on the market, Butafenacil was introduced to Australia by Syngenta and is well recognised by growers and advisors for its effectiveness on hard-to-kill broadleaf weeds.
Some of its features include:
- Highly active on key broadleaf weeds such as Mallow, Wild Radish and volunteer pulses
- Fast acting contact herbicide
- No plant back restrictions to canola and pulses at label rates when using knife-point seeding system:
- Sow after 1 hour when using knifepoints
- Rainfast in 1 hour
- Some short residual activity on emerging broadleaf weeds
- Improves efficacy of non-selective herbicides
- Highly compatible with a range of knockdown and pre-emergent herbicides
HOW DOES IT WORK?
B-POWER is a GROUP G: Inhibitor of protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO): a key active to support management of Group L and M herbicide resistance.
Most annual broadleaf weeds.
Applied in a tank mix with a non-selective herbicide to control tough to kill weeds in fallow and prior to sowing cereals, canola and winter pulses.
MODE OF ACTION AND RESISTANCE MANAGEMENT
- Butafenacil is a (Group G) herbicide from the subgroup Pyrimidindione.
- Butafenacil inhibits protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO). Resistance to butafenacil is medium risk.
For optimal results, good coverage is required and suggested use water rates in the range of 75-150L/ha.
Always add an adjuvant at recommended label rates, such as a non-ionic surfactant like BS1000* or AGRAL® at 0.25% or a Soyal phospholipid/propionic acid based surfactant like LI700* at 0.25-0.35% or a crop oil concentrate like ADIGOR® or Hasten* at 0.5% - 1% of spray volume to maximise performance
B-POWER Herbicide is compatible with any one of the following products: SPRAY.SEED® (paraquat + diquat), GRAMOXONE® 360 PRO (360g/L paraquat), GRAMOXONE 250 (250g/L paraquat), BOXER GOLD® (prosulfocarb + S-metolachlor), ARCADE® (prosulfocarb), Triflur X* (trifluralin), Avadex Xtra* (triallate), Sakura* (pyroxasulfone), LOGRAN® 750WG (triasulfuron), GESAPRIM® (atrazine), GESATOP® (simazine), DUAL® GOLD (S-metolachlor), metribuzin, diuron, Balance* (isoxaflutole), 2,4-D Ester 680.
B-POWER is compatible with the following combinations of products: BOXER GOLD (prosulfocarb + S-metolachlor) + Alpha Scud* (alpha-cypermethrin), BOXER GOLD (prosulfocarb + S-metolachlor) + 2,4-D Ester 680.
As formulations of other manufacturers’ products are beyond the control of Syngenta, and the quality of water may vary with location, all mixtures should be tested prior to mixing commercial quantities.
B-POWER Herbicide must NOT be tank mixed with LOGRAN B-POWER.
B-POWER efficacy on a range of weeds: Average of 4-9 trials, Australia, 2015/16.
GRAMOXONE 360 PRO applied @ 1.11L/ha (400g ai)
GRAMOXONE 360 PRO applied @ 1.11L/ha + B-POWER applied @ 88mL/ha (8.8g ai) + ADIGOR .5%
CONTACT SOIL RESIDUAL
Some short term residual on emerging weeds that have germinated but have not yet emerged.
HOW TO MAXIMISE PERFORMANCE
• Spray small weeds – preferably at the 2-6 leaf stage
• Good coverage is required and suggested use water rates in the range of 75-150L/ha
• Ensure an adjuvant is added at recommended label rates to maximise performance
Figure 1: Short-term residual effect of B-POWER on wild radish that have germinated at time of spraying but not yet emerged, at 10g ai/ha butifenacil application.