Syngenta recognises agribusiness leaders with the 2016 Growth Awards
- The Growth Awards recognise leading innovators across Australia and New Zealand
- Nominations are now open in three categories: Productivity, Sustainability and Community and People
- The Growth Awards support Syngenta’s Good Growth Plan commitments
Syngenta is proud to announce the launch of the 2016 Growth Awards. The awards recognise leading innovators across Australian and New Zealand agribusiness. Nominations are now open and regional finalists are expected to be announced in July.
Paul Luxton, Syngenta’s Territory Head – Australasia, says that the awards are an important mainstay in the region’s agricultural industry.
“The Growth Awards are a way to celebrate and thank the forward-thinkers of the agricultural industry. Each year, we see great nominees who are driving agriculture towards a more productive and sustainable future; this year will be no different.”
The awards, first introduced in 2014, will see growers and advisers nominated in three categories:
- The Productivity category focuses on the use of best practice to achieve consistent productivity gains.
- Sustainability nominees are assessed for commitment to addressing industry issues to create a long-term future for farming.
- The Community and People category aims to highlight nominees who make a leading contribution to their agricultural community, employees and fellow growers.
The Growth Awards are highly respected in the industry, with winners securing a place on a world-class agricultural study tour in 2017.
Last year’s Growth Awards winners have just returned from a study tour across Europe. They visited innovative farming operations and some of Syngenta’s world-leading research facilities in Jealott’s Hill, England, to learn about new technology and farm inputs, such as hybrid seed varieties. They will also be attending one of Europe’s most popular farming events, Cereals 2016, as well as undertaking a plant tour at the CASE IH plant in St Valentin, Austria.
“Historically, the nominees have been outstanding advocates for our industry and have reinforced the position of Australia and New Zealand as global agricultural leaders,” said Paul.
The Growth Awards support Syngenta’s Good Growth Plan, which tackles the challenges of producing more with less, protecting the viability of farmland and promoting prosperous rural communities.
“The Good Growth Plan aims to make a lasting and positive impact on the farmers and rural communities working tirelessly to provide the world's food security and support long-term sustainability in feeding a growing global population.”
For more information or for an interview, please contact:
Tel: +61 2 8876 8640
Mob: +61 418 254 296
Email: [email protected]