2017 Growth Awards Australasian winners celebrated for outstanding contributions to agriculture
• Eight leading agricultural professionals have taken out top honours at the 2017 Growth Awards
• Winners were recognised across three award categories for their innovative work to ensure a sustainable future for agriculture in Australia and New Zealand
• Two advisers have been named joint winners in the Productivity category, for the first time in the Awards’ history
Eight leading growers and advisers have been named Australasian winners of the 2017 Syngenta Growth Awards in recognition for their outstanding efforts to pursue a more sustainable future for agriculture.
Now in its fourth year, the Syngenta Growth Awards recognise individual achievements in agricultural productivity, sustainability and commitment to community and people.
The eight Australasian winners were announced at a gala dinner in Sydney on 30 November 2017, and represent the very best of Australian and New Zealand growers and advisers.
Paul Luxton, Syngenta Territory Head – Australasia, said all the winners are deserving recipients.
“The Syngenta Growth Award winners have been chosen from across the spectrum for their strong passion for agriculture and challenging complacency in our industry,” Mr Luxton said.
“Their innovative work is helping to ensure a sustainable future for Australian and New Zealand agriculture, through developing new technologies, supporting their communities and making new technological advances and information available to their peers.”
The eight Australasian winners were chosen from a pool of 25 Regional Winners by an independent judging panel and were selected based on a set of rigorous criteria for each category, including their overall contribution to the industry.
With such strong competition in this year’s Awards, the judges selected two joint winners of the Adviser Productivity Award for the first time in Growth Awards history.
“The judging was a very challenging task given the high calibre of nominees for the 2017 Syngenta Growth Awards. We are proud to celebrate the forward-thinking and innovative practices of our winners,” Mr Luxton said.
The 2017 Syngenta Growth Awards winners are:
• Grower Productivity Award: Daniel Nicoletti
• Adviser Productivity Award: Bruce Shepherd and Luke Marquis (joint winners)
• Grower Sustainability Award: Duncan Young
• Adviser Sustainability Award: Kirrily Condon
Community & People:
• Grower Community & People Award: Andrew Bulmer
• Adviser Community & People Award: Peter Calabria
Case IH Award:
• Ray Harrington
For more information please visit: www.syngenta.com.au/growthawards
The eight winners will now have the opportunity to participate in an industry-leading study tour to the UK and Europe next year.
The Growth Awards are presented by Syngenta in partnership with Case IH and Fairfax Agricultural Media.
The Growth Awards support the goals of Syngenta’s Good Growth Plan, which addresses the challenges of producing more with less, protecting the viability of farmland and promoting prosperous rural communities. Under the plan, Syngenta has made six specific commitments designed to increase crop productivity, improve land fertility, enhance biodiversity, empower smallholders, train farm workers and strive for fair labour conditions across the entire supply chain.